Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hello

Hi I’m Tasha, I’m new to this site. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both my knees when I was only 21yrs old. I turned 51 a few weeks ago and have been waiting for knee replacement surgery now for over 20yrs out of the past 30 since diagnosis. I have had 5 operations to help with issues but due to Covid I’m back to the old waiting game. I have good days but not many but I do refuse to allow my arthritis to dictate my quality of life.

Comments

• PeterJPeterJ Moderator Posts: 42

Hello @NatashaL21 and welcome to the forum.

I see that you have osteoarthritis in both knees causing pain and waiting for replacements, but glad to see your positive attitude in not letting it rule your life. I do hope you can get up the waiting list soon.

I hope that you can find some help on our forum and website and there is also an external website called escape pain which may be of help, I've added a couple of links below to things i hope you might find of help.

Hopefully you will find others on the forum with similar experiences and who can offer support and advice if and when you need it - please do keep posting and let us know how you get on

With very best wishes

Peter (mod)

• GeorgePSGeorgePS Member Posts: 3

Tasha, Im new to the site too. I think a brave PMA ( Positive Mental Attitude) in relation to our challenges is vital. I too am of the obstinate but realistic "going to beat it not let it beat me" attitude. Obviously lockdown has limited everyone, but sharing/connecting is a way of knowing that you are not alone, that there are thousands with you. I cant wait to get back to swimming and the sauna which I find is a great relief. Heres hoping the wait will end soon.