Pain in knee

Roseld
Roseld Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello

i have had pain in my knees from the age of 45 . I am now 62 and have been in pain for every minute of those years . I have one full new knee and one half knee replacement. I am just wanting advice from others whoare in pain. Thank you Rosie

Comments

• ChrisK
    ChrisK Member Posts: 37
    edited 19. Apr 2021, 07:03

Good Morning @Roseld

Welcome to our Versus Arthritis forum. Here you will find our members are friendly, helpful and empathic. They will answer any of your questions/queries as they have found them in relation to their own condition.

On here, you will find many people who have painful knees, and have also had total and partial knee replacement. There is a discussion on knee pain on here which it may be useful for you to read. Here is the link to this:

Arthritis of the knee — Versus Arthritis

Versus Arthritis produce many booklets and facts sheets on arthritis and its related conditions. The following may also give you some help and advice

Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee | Knee pain | Versus Arthritis

I hope the above links will be helpful for you and will explain why you still have painful knees. I look forward to reading your future posts and hearing how you are getting on.

Best wishes

ChrisK

• Roseld
    Roseld Member Posts: 3

Thank you. I have a half knee in my left knee for 13 years although it hasn’t moved on x ray it is very painful. The surgeon says there is only 50/50 chance if he replaces with full knee it will improve

he has suggested a knee brace which hasn’t been successful. Has anyone one else had this situation?