Just started swimming 🏊🏻‍♀️

I finally joined a hotel and spa ! So I’ve been swimming twice now and I feel so good !

I used to swim cycle and run regularly and since I’ve been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis I haven’t done any exercise I’ve been gradually letting things slide (actually way before I was diagnosed if I’m honest )

But I know swimming is less stress on the joints and this will help me get my muscles moving ! Which in turn will help support my joints !

so glad I’ve motivated myself to do it !!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 488

Well done @Hairobsessed123

I am very impressed swimming is excellent exercise I can tell you already feel the benefit both physically and mentally 👍️

Best wishes

Ellen.

• @Ellen yes I feel the benefits already after only 2 swims !

first day after my first swim I did ache all over but I woke up today no aches !! I do love that your muscles have memory from previous exercise !

deffo recommend to anyone struggling x

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 863

I’m just post op, but looking forward to this eventually. It’s easy to let the rest of your body seize up just because one part of you isn’t working very well. I’m glad it’s working for you.