June Steps Challenge 2021
Want a walking challenge that you can shape yourself?
Around 10 million people in the UK are living with arthritis. It can affect people of all ages – even children and teenagers. Living with arthritis can be challenging - chronic pain can make everyday tasks, like making a cup of tea, really difficult. It is often dismissed, and this can lead to isolation and frustration.
- Join our amazing team of steppers, coming together in June to defy arthritis. With your help, support is available and there are many things people can do to live a fulfilling life.
Find out more about the June Steps Challenge 2021 and how to get involved.
- I don't do facebook.
- Have yet to equate revolutions of a wheelchair wheel to number of steps!
Do you remember when we were young we had little plastic things that clacked as we were riding our bikes? Wonder if you can use that to make it easy to do revs, though maybe distance would be easier.
I can't do anything like the steps they usually use but I'm planning to count a few of my days to see my average and then set a personal best target for myself.
If we don't like Facebook we could record here what we are about - still taking part but on our own terms is brilliant
Now to see if I can find a step counter thingy
You can download an app for most smartphones - not sure how accurate they are though. Mind you I used to have an actual step counter and it used to register about 100 steps to go to the kitchen and back - our house isn't that big0
A friend came down for the weekend to ‘help me out’, do a few jobs, chop some veg for me, that kind of thing. At the end of the day I had done over 10,000 steps in one day, not my usual style! I told her I appreciated the help but had to lie down in a dark ended room when she had gone! I don’t do FB either but I do have an app on my phone & like to make sure I have at least walked the length of myself most days.0
Darkened not dark ended...bloody prescriptive test. ;0)0
- 8.8K All Categories
- 1.4K Welcome
- 4.5K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 39.8K Our Community
- 3.4K Living with arthritis
- 12 Hints and Tips
- 198 Work and financial support
- 374 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 32 My Triumphs
- 121 Let's Move
- 13 Sports and Hobbies
- 5 Food and Diet
- 254 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 28 Feedback and ideas
- 618 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 311 Chat and News
- 27 Val's Cafe
- 249 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe