New to Versus Arthritis
Hello, my name is Usha and I have been living with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis since the age of 12, I am now 47.
I was fortunate to be diagnosed very quickly by my then, GP. The arthritis was very aggressive and affected all my joints, mainly wrists and fingers, which all naturally fused over the years. I alway say that 'I'm fortunate that I got the disease at a young age' because as you get older, you manage and adapt better. The disease isn't hereditary in my family, I was the chosen one!
I've been on a cocktail of drugs over the years', most recently on Rituximab Infusions with weekly Methotrexate injections, which seems to be working well.
It's great joining the group and I look forward to connecting with you.
All the best
- 8.1K All Categories
- 736 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 567 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe