Balancing knee exercise

Hi. I have been doing physio for past 3 months. My knee is getting stronger definitely but recently I have started to struggle. I have been asked to do more weight bearing exercises but These have left my knee feeling weak and more stiff. Also I have sensation that it is going to give way. It’s frustrating as I want to progress but my knee instability is holding me back so much. Anyone else have similar issues? How do you get balance of exercise without overdoing it?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,104

In such a situation I'd always go back to my physio, just a phone call would do, to check that these were the right exercises for me and that I was doing them correctly. Weights always have to be introduced very slowly and gradually.

“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken