Best painkiller drug for sleeping?

I have decided that I don't want my senses dulled during the day, but my hip OA is disturbing my sleep, so I've no problem being as stoned and sedated as possible overnight. I am keen to hear of recommended legal pharmaceuticals that get you through the night ouch-free.

Comments

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 235

Hi, I take just half a zopiclone not every night but when I find it really hard after not sleeping for a while but they are addictive so gps don’t like to give them, you could ask at your chemist if they could recommend something my sister swore by something called rescue remedy can but over the counter but best to speak to your pharmacist

good luck

Jona 😊

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 235

Sorry buy over the counter not but ooops

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,112

The best one is invariably the mildest one that will work sufficiently because we develop tolerance to them and can soon end up taking more and stronger pills with less and less results.

It's best to sort something out with your GP or pharmacist but be sure they're aware of anything else you take, either prescribed, O TC or just supplements in order to avoid interactions.

“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken