Hello everyone

Celiab
Celiab Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I’ve just joined this community so I hope I’m posting in the right place. I’m having my hip replacement next week. I was fine until I went to the pre op and they’ve frightened me about dislocating my new hip. I was just wondering if anyone out there who’s gone through this can give me some crowbar of comfort

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548

Hi @Celiab - welcome to the online community!

I see you're scheduled to have a new hip next week (exciting!) and you're now worried about how it's going to go.

Be assured you have indeed posted in the right place 😊We have had a couple of people who have recently had hip operations who may well be able to offer some help or advice - please have a look at the discussions below:

Also only today a couple of other members have joined with arthritis of their hip, so you may want to say hello on this post too:

I wouldn't worry too much about your hip replacement post-op - follow the advice and guidance given and stay in touch with your medical team and you should be fine. You're not abandoned post-op, so you'll have people to talk to if you need it. Do please feel welcome to comment and talk on the discussions mentioned - we all welcome new people and are happy to answer any questions.

It's lovely to meet you!

Shell

• Celiab
    Celiab Member Posts: 3

Thank you it’s so good to know I’m not alone

Bye the way I meant crumbs of comfort, not crowbar (predictive text again!!!