LFT results

Options

When the government started offering free LFTs to anyone who wanted them - and encouraged us to use them twice weekly in order to keep ourselves and others safe - I thought this was a good idea and got some for husband and self.

Unfortunately, they’re causing me big problems because I keep getting false positives. The LFT says positive but the follow-up PCR is negative, proving that I didn’t actually have Covid.

I’ve tried tests from different boxes but they keep showing positive. The only time I got a negative was when I had a cold!.

I’m wondering if there’s something in my meds - either the DMARDs or my asthma inhalers - which is skewing the results.

Anyway, I’ve given them up as being less than useful for my particular circumstances but wondered if anyone else was experiencing similar issues with them.

Comments

• BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 202
    Options

So - just me, then 🙂

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

Maybe you're just unique😀 I know the tests aren't 100% reliable but had thought that that false negatives were more likely than false positives. I've not even got any so I don't know how I'd be. Just keep the true negatives coming😀

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright