Newcomer

Options
griff1964
griff1964 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello,

I’m a 57year old Transman with diagnosed Fibromyalgia (28 years) severe hip OA in left hip, moderate in right hip and moderate in left knee. Although not officially diagnosed I have ulnar drift in both hands with stiffness and swelling. I work as a Health Care Assistant in SNHS

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    edited 23. Jul 2021, 09:07
    Options

Hi @griff1964 welcome to the Online Community, great to have you here.

After having fibromyalgia for 28 years, you now have osteoarthritis in both hips and the left knee. Although you probably have access to great information as a Health Care Assistant in Scotland, you may like to take a look at the information we hold on this on our website:

It includes some useful suggestions on managing the condition as well as some useful links that may be helpful.

I have taken the liberty of echoing your question about occupational health assessment to our Helplines Team as I know they have access to additional information that may help with an answer. The question is linked from where you first posted in the Work and Financial category so that it can be found easily.

Do join in across the Community, give advice and support, ask questions and call in for a chat to say how you are getting on. You will be most welome.

All best wishes

Brynmor