Shingles while on Methotrexate
I've just started feeling the first twinges of Shingles. I've had it twice before, but both times were before I started Methotrexate.
I've spoken to a GP, and am going to be starting on Aciclovir asap. Obviously I'll be skipping my mtx until told otherwise. Luckily, I already have next week off work (OU exam, so doing that with Shingles will be a joy).
I'm mostly just hoping someone has some advice on what to expect with Shingles while on an immunosuppressant. Has anybody here got experience of it? It was bad enough the last two times, but I'd like to be forewarned if it's likely to be a lot worse.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe