Folic acid with Methotrexate
Hi. I started Methotrexate in July and have gradually increased the dosage. I'm now at 20mg per week and my psoriatic arthritis has gone. Psoriasis improved but still have some patches.
As advised, I was taking 5mg folic acid a week to begin with.
I had no Methotrexate side effects until about a month ago when I started to feel very tired. Rheumatology nurses advised increasing the folic up to as much as 5mg daily apart from Methotrexate day. This helped with the tiredness.
I have now noticed some slight hair fall. My hair has thinned with age already and the current loss isn't yet that noticeable but if it carries on I am sure I will have some bald patches before long.
I will need to consult the Rheumatology Team but in the meantime does anyone know whether I can increase the folic acid any further than 5mg x 6 days per week?
- All Categories
- 1.9K Welcome
- 5K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.1K Our Community
- 647 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 3.6K Living with arthritis
- 30 Hints and Tips
- 210 Work and financial support
- 382 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 36 My Triumphs
- 127 Let's Move
- 22 Sports and Hobbies
- 10 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 327 Chat and News
- 28 Val's Cafe
- 264 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe