Understanding PSA

Options
Lou_2016
Lou_2016 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Good morning 😊

I wish to introduce myself, my name is Louise, I am 34yrs old and discovered I have psoriatic arthritis back in the year 2016.

I feel recently like I’m going slightly mad, or looked on as if I am being abit if a drama Queen ha! But can anyone give me any guidance around IBD? I had never heard of it, and when I recently approached my GP as I felt I had possible IBS for a very long time now, she felt it more likely to be IBD. I am due tests soon to find out, I just feel like since being informed of this bowel condition I have obviously done research into it, and there’s so many other symptoms cropping up that I have, like for the last 6months I have had ulcers on my tongue which I haven’t understood why? And also I have now discovered about tooth loss, I have had around 8teeth taken out now, and again never understood why as i look after my teeth. I’ve had a bad stomach for years now, and have discovered that if you have psoriatic arthritis, it tends to start in your organs firstly.

Apologies, this is long and probably abit sketchy, I’m just frustrated really and feel like I’m jumping to too many conclusions and pinning all this on possible irritable bowel disease when it may not be the case. Is there anyone who can help me? Has anyone else got IBD too? I’m not finding anything on the VersusArthritus site about this.

Many Thanks

Lou 😊

Comments

• Hi @Lou_2016, welcome to the online community! It's lovely to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel misunderstood, you've come to the right place to get support and advice from people who understand where you're coming from.

PSA comes from a problem with your body's inflammatory response, as does IBD. So perhaps where there are symptoms that cross over it can be hard to be sure whether it's one or the other or both. According to the NHS website, arthritis and skin problems are symptoms of IBD:

I hope you manage to find a treatment that works for you and maybe get some clarification from your doctor, appointments can sometimes feel very rushed but you should feel comfortable asking them any questions you have about your diagnoses. With any luck another member with personal experience on this will be able to offer you some insight too.

Please do continue to stay involved in the online community, it's good to talk :)

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• Lou_2016
    Lou_2016 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your swift response.

I will be sure to check that link, was just feeling a little alone really and a little fed up.

I hope you have a lovely weekend,

Lou ☺️