Osteoarthritis

Maddiex
Maddiex Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi I've just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, I don't really understand much about this so hoping this forum could help

Tagged:

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    edited 1. Dec 2021, 13:33

Hi @Maddiex - welcome to the online community!

I see you've recently been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis and now you're looking for help understanding what this means.

Versus Arthritis has a rather large but interesting information page on Osteoarthritis. I'd particularly look at the sections called "How will osteoarthritis affect me?", "Managing symptoms" and "Living with osteoarthritis". You haven't said how much pain you're in, but if it's a problem for you then the section on "Tips for managing pain" is also really helpful.

There are also a number of personal stories of people with osteoarthritis you could look at for inspiration and thoughts:

I'm sure other community members will be along with their thoughts, but do have a look at the rest of the community yourself. There are a number of members here with osteoarthritis and a number of discussions which might be helpful to you. Do have a look at the discussions which have been tagged with osteoarthritis to see if they help. Please feel welcome to post and join in on any discussion you find interesting or useful, and we're happy to answer any questions you may have.

Lovely to meet you!

Shell

• Simba27
    Simba27 Member Posts: 2

Hi can anyone help me .I've be diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knee's can anyone help with pain relief. I've been given paracetamol and co-codamol 30/500. But arnt really helping .what do others take for pain

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877

Hello @Simba27 and welcome to the community.

I understand that you have OA in your knees and have pain in them. Our website has a lot of useful information and a good search facility and I would urge you to have a look around it. To help you I've put a couple of links in below.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their experiences, treatments and advice. Also have a look at the posts above and links.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm