Knee OA

Eviealice69
Eviealice69 Member Posts: 13
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi I had my first Cortisone & Hyaluronic acid injection today. Found it extremely painful. I had fluid aspirated before the injection. Advised to rest for a few days now. Knee is very sore and has seized up a bit! Can’t bend it back hardly at all. I was given some exercises to do but it’s impossible to move it much at the moment. I had to pay for the treatment as NHS wait far too long.

I hope it helps my mobility as I haven’t been able to walk very far since knee became swollen. Has anyone had a similar injection?

If so, how long does it take to reduce the swelling?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @Eviealice69

This is a really old thread (if it works), but shows how mixed people's responses can be:

I hope your own knee has eased up a little today and you can work on moving it a little.

((()))

• Eviealice69
    Eviealice69 Member Posts: 13

Is there any recent posts regarding knee OA and cortisone injections please? I had my first one yesterday and can’t feel any improvements yet. In fact my knee is stiffer and more painful now than it was before!

I can’t do the exercises advised as knee is too painful. Have I wasted my money? I had to pay as NHS wait list is horrendous.

i thought cortisone would help the swelling?? I realise it’s early days but how long will it take to work if it actually does?

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

I hope you read that thread and saw the mixed responses to the injection. I doubt much has changed since this time. I know the thread isn't current, but I was trying to support you a little.

We are all different.

I still hope yours works.