Psoriatic Ankylosing spondylitis

Creaky_old_man
Creaky_old_man Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi just had a diagnosis of Psoriatic Ankylosing spondylitis. Didn't think to ask if working on the psoriasis with creams etc. helps with the aches and pains. Anyone hove have wisdom to share?

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @Creaky_old_man

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I see that you were recently diagnosed with Psoriatic Ankylosing spondylitis and are looking for feedback from any forum members who can offer advice on any creams that might help alleviate aches and pains. 

Do take a look around the Community: if you put "Psoriatic Arthritis" into the Search Box, you will come up with a long list of discussions and articles about the subject: https://community.versusarthritis.org/search?Search=Psoriatic+Arthritis

Do join in across the Community and ask questions, you will be most welcome.

Hopefully you will receive some useful input, in the interim the following link to our website may be helpful:

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• I’ve got a diagnosis of psoriatic spondyloarthropathy. Psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. The creams I used to get were just for the skin plaques and didn’t do anything for the swelling in my joints. You’ll probably get some NSAIDS like naproxen or etoricoxib to help with any joint pain, as long as you can tolerate them. If not, you might start getting methotrexate and some other DMARD’s. I’m about 3 1/2 years into my diagnosis and haven’t found anything that works for me yet.

• Hi. I’m fighting Rheumotology to look into spondylitis for me as I’m in so much pain but they just ignore my back and neck ! I actually put my back out (separate issue) and the gp gave me a short term supply of naproxen.. ohhh was heaven but he said I can’t have it long term. I was gutted. First bit of pain relief I’ve had for my back in a couple of years.

• Banny1960
    Banny1960 Member Posts: 7

It's so hard getting treatment isn't it. I can't take anti inflamatories as I have hypertension. I think you can take them in short bursts every now and then if you don't have any other medications to consider.