Pain relief

Options
rambler70_
rambler70_ Member Posts: 7
edited 4. Jan 2022, 09:55 in Living with arthritis

Hi.

Unfortunately Im not able to take Ibrufen or similar NSIDs .

Can anyone suggest any another pain relief that I can take on a regular basis ( paracetamol not strong enough ! )

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 892
    Options

Hello @rambler70_ have you asked your GP for a referral to a pain clinic, see link below. They should be able to help

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 712
    Options

Hi @rambler70_

I'd agree with Peter that getting an appointment with a pain clinician is a good way to go. I was referred by my rheumatology clinic and had a couple of online consultations with a doctor who was an anaesthetist and was very helpful. She prescribed me a cream for my joints - Capsaicin - and I feel it helps a lot. As well as that I had a 12 week one-on-one physio video consultation course specifically for rheumatology patients and that was a great help also.

• Limpingandinpain
    Options

I also can't take NSAIDs, and my GP has prescribed tramadol and oramorph, obviously not to he taken together but he trusts me to use what is appropriate on any given day.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options

NSAIDs are not usually prescribed for osteoporosis patients and most painkillers will cause a problem with passing a motion but Tramadol has no ill effects on me😂, I don’t take them everyday since being on various courses but save them for my really bad times.

its a grin, honest!

• Cimca
    Cimca Member Posts: 33
    Options

I am on prescribed co codamol and in winter when the pain is particularly bad have tramadol. Truly it doesn't kill the pain but makes it more manageable. I cant take NSAIDs but do occasionally use cream on my knee when I have to.