Sleep in two sessions

Options
2»

Comments

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 402
    Options

No joy. The watch is still missing some of my sleep readings. What a let down.

• Baloo
    Options

I'm not giving it up. I did a factory reset on the watch and readings came back for at least one snooze session so I can give it another try tonight. I am so whacked out from not knowing how much proper sleep I get.

• Baloo
    edited 8. May 2022, 16:11
    Options

Better, the factory reset on the Samsung watch has worked. 05hr 23min average for the past three days using sleep in two sessions plus an afternoon nap. Some heavy micro sleeps were becoming a nuisance last week, so I am hoping they can be stopped now and I can concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing, and can I find out some kind of "red line" where I stop what I am doing and get some extra sleep. I wonder if there is a suitable sleep alarm to say 'not enough sleep'.

• Baloo
    Options

Sleep measurement on the watch is still working after it had to be factory reset, and is allowing me to get myself an early night if it starts looking too much lower than average (5.5 hours) so thats helpful.

• PODGE
    PODGE Member Posts: 14
    Options

Morning

Funny I have been doing that for a few months up of tea for me though lol.

Also find listening to audio books setting for one hour and often waking up more relaxed ?

I will try anything to ease pain and discomfort through the night.

Enjoy your day.

• Baloo
    edited 16. May 2023, 20:55
    Options

Good do hear it @PODGE . I think the great thing is its been the same way for a few months for you. Long may it last.

I lost the ability to sleep in two sessions when I was recalled to the office, but I still sleep more than once when I have to. Last night I was whacked out so I went to bed after tea about 9pm, got up at midnight for supper for a couple of hours, and went back to bed again until 6am.

• Baloo
    edited 17. Sep 2023, 16:30
    Options

Got somewhere. I notice my watch can measure deep sleep for physical recovery and REM sleep for mental recovery. It does take my body to decide what sleep is required, but nothing stops a first session of sleep being all about REM sleep and a second session being all about deep sleep, or vice versa. For the time being, I'm convinced its ok to get up for an hour in the middle of the night and let nature decide.

• Daphne
    Daphne Member Posts: 27
    Options

Just been reading this post and I've found it very interesting, I'm thinking I might give sleeping in two sessions a try, I think for me I really just need to except that my life is different now

• Baloo
    edited 8. Oct 2023, 13:19
    Options

Watching my. latest sleep cycles I lay down for a rest last night and clocked up a complete sleep cycle in 3 hours got back up for refreshments dressed for bed and went back later.

I find the feedback is useful particularly the deep sleep (black) which apparently means some normal tissue repair, stronger immune system and brain detox. So if its missing I actually feel different, and consider taking an early night for next time as soon as possible.

In only a few days I was feeling less aches and pains. I'm currently off painkillers.

Black - deep sleep

Dark blue - light sleep

Light blue - REM sleep

Orange - awake

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
    Options

@Baloo I read about this somewhere. There was some research that day people/night people and 2 sleep cycles were an evolutionary adaption in some regions that improved the family group’s survival rates, something about who keeps watch for danger and greater readiness to respond to threat.

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 88
    Options

I LOVE my "second sleep"! I have done this every time in my life when I was unable to get enough sleep in one go. When I had small children, up at the crack of dawn, I would occasionally be able to go back to sleep once hubby was up to take over for a bit. Now I have a senior dog who has begun to need a 3 or 4 am potty break, but once she's done her thing and had her snack we settle back in for a couple hours. I find that I can totally relax once I know things are taken care of for a while. I have become really good at dropping off pretty quickly, and it feels like the best sleep I get all night. One thing that is kind of fun: My dreams during this second snooze are extremely vivid and usually a little kooky.