Fibromyalgia

Moo123
Moo123 Member Posts: 2
edited 19. Jul 2022, 13:06 in Living with arthritis

I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, however, the rheumatologist wasnt happy as he said my gp should be sorting it out.

My markers in my blood are elevated, he said it wasnt due to fibromyalgia. I have got bony lumps on my little fingers plus my thumb is so painful, the pain wakes me up most nights. Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks michelle xx

Tagged:

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 602

Hello @Moo123 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but that your rheumatologist and GP cannot agree and that you have bony lump son your little fingers and your thumb is painful. Our website contains a lot of useful information, some of which might be of help, and I would recommend having a look around it. To help I've put a couple of links in below which may be of interest.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

• Jennet
    Jennet Member Posts: 13

Hi Moo123,

I've just been diagnosed and like you I've got nothing from my gp. It is for the gp to sort out as they get a letter/email from the consultant. I don't have the markers in my blood as far as I know because I had a telephone consultation. The consultant said it was blatantly obvious years ago that I had Fibromyalgia by ny symptoms.

The markers which are elevated in your blood may be due to markers for inflammation only on all or any particular joint/s.

You mention issues with your hands. Those bony lumps you have, is it the actual bone or some type of swelling of the skin?

You're thumb pain sounds like what I've had too many times. Trigger thumb..and you need to see your gp ASAP about it.

Either way, your hand issues could be arthritic but needs attention ASAP. Please let me know how you get on. Take care 😍

Jennet

• Hi moo123,I also have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia in January some days I'm good and other days I'm not great,at the start my gp wasn't great but I've been talking to a new gp and she was great,I also have lumps on my fingers which I think is the start of arthritis.keep at your gp for more help as fibromyalgia is hard to treat.hope you get sorted soon .keep in touch and let me know how you get on.take care Elaine. X

Who's Online

Bobbibrowngirlie
Bobbibrowngirlie
noddingtonpete
noddingtonpete
nannyhicks49
nannyhicks49
+13 Guests