Good morning

Options
Sandy72
Sandy72 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi I'm new to this site . Just wishing all my fellow strugglers a good day and encouragement to do a little more and feel a little better than you did yesterday. I get very low mentally and I've joined this group to hopefully feel better about things myself. 🙏

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Sandy72 Welcome to the Online Community.

That is a lovely encouraging first post thank you - if we can all do what you suggest that would be excellent😊

This is just for you though; someone else who can get low mentally too:

I look forward to reading your posts in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Sandy72
    Options

Hi everybody . Can I ask if anyone is suffering with tinnitus ? Could this be with the arthritis in the neck ? Does anyone find their skin over the neck and back us very sore and tender to touch?

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Sandy72

I popped this in the search at the top of the page and got a few threads which you might find useful to read.

This one is an old one:

This is the link to my search:

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Good Morning @Sandy72

I have tinnitus which I've always blamed on medications I either take or have taken. If you to an internet search it's more than possible. Having said that I also have cervical spondylosis so who knows?

When my neck 'goes' I can lose sensation in the skin on my chest yukky feeling, but i do have a constantly sore (almost itchy) area on the back on my neck. Might be similar.

Have you asked your Dr about any of these symptoms?

Take care

Toni xx

• Peppercorn
    Peppercorn Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi Sandy! I’m in that low place too and looking for people to chat to in the hopes we can support each other. Wishing you a good day.

• Sandy72
    Options

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Unfortunately when I have mentioned the tenderness of my skin and the Tinnitus they just pass it off and skirt round it and offer more painkillers.!! ( I don't want anymore) it seems its self help nowadays .

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Frustrating isn't it? I know a lot blame it on COVID and the pressure on the NHS, but it was a problem long before then with waiting lists and the jackpot of which Dr you see. You have my sympathy and hope you are doing ok today.

Take care

Toni x

• alexander1
    alexander1 Member Posts: 70
    Options

Have you ever had psoriasis? I have dry skin at the base of scalp neck and shoulders. Also ears are almost always inflamed and really dry skin.

Could be linked.

I was sent to a vascular consultant for my blue feet and painful toes. When they investigated said blood flow was fine it’s related to nerve impingement in the back.

altogether now the 🎶 thigh bones connected to the knee bone etc 🎼