Arthritis in the neck

Colin300
Colin300 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

I have been diagnosed with Arthritis in the C3 spine and I am have a headache all day and still waiting to go to a pain clinic and physio

Has anyone had a local nerve block injection and has it worked ?

Have been off sick since Jan 2021 and now out of work because of the pain

Not sure of the type of Arthritis I have.

Any advise would help

Thanks

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877

Hello @Colin300 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you find that as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in your neck and are looking for advice. You have come to the right place and I would suggest having a look at our website. It contains a lot of useful information and I have put a couple of links in below which may be of use.

Please do keep posting and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Necks are just awful when they kick off @Colin300 aren't they?

I have cervical spondylosis myself which flares up form time to time. Iv'e never had injections into mine, but many have on here. For the life of me i can't find any though this is the best I could do:

Take care and let us know how you get on we need something up to date on the subject of needles and necks.

Best of luck

Toni x

• Colin300

Thanks

I am still trying to get any help from the pain clinic I have phoned them 4 times to ask for any help so far nothing but will phone again this week.

All the Best

Colin

• Colin300

I have now had the 2 injections into my neck but not into the spine it was done last week it has made a difference but they say that it will take a few weeks for it to work .

I have had a first appointment with a Chiropractor as well I am hoping that things will now improve over the next few weeks.

Colin