New to the group awaiting hip replacement

Options
Debbieimsore
Debbieimsore Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello, my names Debbie, first time on here, I’m awaiting a hip replacement and spinal surgery as I also have spinal stenosis.

The pain at times is unbearable, long and short of my story is that I’m now 10years down the road, because I had a doctor who said I had “wear&tear” I’ve moved doctors and he’s super and referred me the first time he clapped eyes on me, my surgeries were all organised for the spring of 2020, both my spinal and my hip replacement,not together of course, but after healing from spinal surgery I was then going to have my hip replacement which would probably have taken place at the end of 2020 BUT as we all know Covid 19 hit, so I’m still waiting…..

Comments

• Hi @Debbieimsore

Welcome to the online community- it's great to have you here!

I'm sorry to hear that your first doctor fobbed you off with a bit of wear and tear- we're all too familiar with this- but very pleased to hear that your new doctor has been so amazing! Its frustrating that surgeries are being pushed back but as you say, Covid happened and then we all know how the story goes. In preparation, we have some links that may be of interest to you which I will post below:

I hope you get sorted soon but in the meantime please continue to interact with us on here where you feel comfortable to do so!

Take care,

Sarah (Mod)

• Jenchelski64
    Options

Hi Debbie. I was also fobbed off for years with its wear & tear in what I thought was 1 hip & 1 knee. When I finally had carers to assist with my Dads care I finally felt able to insist with a different doctor my pain which by this time was so debilitating not only in hips but back, groin, knees I was finally sent for xrays, this doctor referred me. It is so frustrating.

I am happy to add I have my 1st thr right on Friday 22nd & cannot wait. I know it will be painful, prepared to do whatever it takes but very nervous. Reading others stories is a great help & insight.

I hope you won't have too long to wait for your surgeries & wish you well

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Apologies to @Debbieimsore for hijacking your thread I just want to welcome @Jenchelski64

Hi @Jenchelski64 welcome to the Online Community. I always love it when someone's first post is helping someone else.

I am so pleased to hear that you are having your THR this Friday and wish you the very best of luck.

I wondered whether the above might be of interest. It's quite an old thread so I think probably 'read only' but a lot of it is still very relevant.

Best wishes

Ellen.

Ps. Do think about popping in to let us know how your surgery went.

• Bella59
    Bella59 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hope you hear soon about your surgeries I'm afraid the backlog is a nightmare. Best of luck to Jenchelski 64 on Friday for hip replacement.