Chronic Pain and Psoriasis Arthritus
Saw the pain clinic again after all the tests and diagnosis of psoriasis arthritis.
The short of it is that the recommendation is to focus on quality of life and what I can achieve even. It was explained that as the lumbar, thoratic and cervical are all affected by osteophytes, disc degeneration and nerve impingement he would advise against spinal surgery as it will cause me more problems and pain longer term due to the additional stress on the other joints. The only time he would advise operating is if and when the spinal cord is potentially at risk of permanent damage.
Thoughts from anyone in similar.
- 7.5K All Categories
- 348 Welcome
- 3.4K Say Hello
- 15 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 12 Feedback and ideas
- 38.8K Our Community
- 2.6K Living with arthritis
- 107 Let's Move
- 166 Work and financial support
- 548 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 241 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 24 My Triumphs
- 354 Young people's community
- 483 Chat and News
- 20 Val's Cafe
- 225 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe