Muscle weakness

Amber
Amber Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I am Tracy and am new to this group. I would be very grateful for your advice. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. Lately I have been experiencing muscle weakness in my arms and legs. Really quiet worried, is this a typical symptom or a sign of something else? Many Thanks, Tracy xxll

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @Amber (Tracy),

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

You have RA and Fibromyalgia and are experiencing muscle weakness. You’d like to receive feedback from forum members as to whether this is a normal symptom.

Whilst you wait for some feedback, you may find one of the articles in this link to our website helpful:

Searching the forum for past discussions that might be helpful I came across this one which, whilst from some time ago, may be useful. The advice suggested appears to be to talk to your GP/Consultant:

Please feel free to contribute to any post on Living With Arthritis and other forums. Also, feel free to start a new one there, if you have a question, clearly titled so that others can easily see what you'd like to talk about.

I hope that you receive some useful input from forum members.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Amber

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I must admit the muscle weakness is a new symptom and one that I am quite worried about. I am used to living with RA and fibromyalgia so not sure why this is worrying me so much. I am seeing my GP on Wednesday. I would love to be part of this group. 🙏♥️

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

I am very pleased @Amber to hear you are going to discuss this with your GP soon. I would be quite worried too if it was me.

You are so welcome here we are genuinely a very supportive community😊

Toni x

• Amber

Thank you so much Toni, it would be an honour to be part of your community. I hope I am able to give something back. Much Love, Amber xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Amber you will give plenty back just supporting someone can make all the difference to their day even if you don't necessarily have the answer.😊

Good luck with your GP today.

Toni x

• JenHB
    JenHB Member Posts: 131

hope your appointment went well. I had muscle weakness in my legs earlier this month (needing to use hands to push up from chairs etc when standing) [along with mild fatigue] - mine coincided with being just after my covid spring booster. I've spoken to the rheumy, and as I've only been on 15mg MTX for 8 weeks it is now being increased over the next few weeks to 25mg. Did you have any vaccinations etc recently? Fortunately, I can tell my muscle weakness is slowly improving