Rituximab infusions

Options

I had a course of rituximab about 6 months ago, but doesn't seem to work, keep having to go back on steroids, hands, wrists and feet keep swelling, just want to hear if anyone else has had rituximab infusions.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @gazrobbo

Hope this helps a bit:

I don't know whether @louiseb is still posting she might respond to your post.

Do please let us know how you get on and very best of luck.

Ellen.

• Bella59
    Bella59 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hi @gazrobbo I am same as you had first and second infusion last November.I also have weekly Metojet pen 15 mg.I found no benefit from this will be seeing consultant in a few weeks time.It will be discussed whether to try rituximab again or try yet another med.Hoping something will work soon as had both hips replaced in the last eight months.I also on prednisolone 10 mgs at moment slowly reducing.Hope you get some answers soon.

• gazrobbo
    gazrobbo Member Posts: 23
    Options

I'm due to see rheumatology on 27th, rixitamab not worked, I've been put on 20mg of prednisone for weeks ago and to lower it each week, everytime I get to 10mgs my hands come up like boxing gloves, this time round, my hips, knees and feet really painful. The pain in my shoulders and going down between my shoulder blades is like a hot poker, have taken tramadol, paracetamol and ibuprofen, but nothing touching the pain.

• ArthritisRJ
    Options

Hi, I am new here on this platform. I am having been diagnosed with RA disease from hypothyroidism disease that I had when I was 13 years old then on my 20s. I have been diagnosed with RA disease. I am computer science uni student. I had to stop uni this year because my Rheumatoid arthritis has increased. Doctors said that I have very high titre activity disease. Currently, I am taking prednisolone 30mg for one week then 20mg for 2 weeks. Then I will be soon going to have rituximab infusion. I just wandering what feel like if when you have your infusion for first time and what you need know. If they're anything you need to take with you on that day.

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hi @ArthritisRJ and welcome to the online community,

I understand that you're about to start rituximab infusions and you'd like to know what it feels like and if there's anything you need to take with you on the day. Everyone here is friendly and supportive, and many of our members are on rituximab, so I hope some will come along to talk about their experience.

Meanwhile, you might find the following information from Versus Arthritis useful:

Do Let us know how you get on,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm