First time posting on here

Options
Toots33
Toots33 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,

I have fibromyalgia, ME, tendonitis in both ankles and arithitis in knees, ankles, and wrists. Im in my last session of shockwave therapy for left ankle but iv found through reading my pain diary my knees have got worse from I started shockwave. Has anyone been through this?. How does anyone deal with pain through the night in knees? My lack of mobility is getting me down.... sorry for all questions but it's took me a while to pluck up nerve to post. Thanks for listening xx

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    edited 5. Jul 2022, 17:16
    Options

Hi @Toots33,

Shockwave therapy is used as a treatment in some UK hospitals, but mainly for problems with tendons and cartilage, although studies have been done on its effectiveness for osteoarthritis. It will be interesting to hear if any of our members have used it. You may already have some information about the therapy, but here’s an interesting guide from Wigan teaching hospital that you might like to read. There are some details that are specific to that hospital.

It's not surprising that you sometimes feel down - it happens to us all. You've made a good decision to post on the forum though - everyone is really friendly and supportive. Have a look round the different forums and join in any conversation that you feel comfortable with. I'm sure you'll be made welcome.

Best wishes,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hello again @Toots33

It's been a while since you posted hasn't it? I am pleased to see your name again.

I remembered someone talking about shockwave therapy a while back and found this for you:

Don't know if you've read this too? Nights can be the worst for me as well as lots on here...

Take care

toni x