Stretch ache

Stretch ache. If only I knew what this was. I had a total rest this weekend a couple of days just for nursing purposes, and went round the corner on my bicycle for some stir fry mushrooms and then lay down for a rest. Then I had a stretch and experienced something I know happens but I don't quite know what its about. I had a stretch ache instead of a joint ache and yes, even if I press my hands together all the fingers want to do is stretch out and regain strength and straitness instead of stay curved up and ache like mad. I know it happens because it doesn't seem to matter what I stretch right now, its all doing the same thing. Im even going for broke and stretch my shoulders which have been the bane of my life the past couple of weeks like I was punched in my arms. It's mental that the whole thing should suddenly go away like that. Maybe its the paracetamol but I only took 4 today.

Tagged:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Oh Baloo what have you done?😕

Have you made your pain worse by stretching???

I've never heard of this has it happened to you before I wonder if not have you asked anyone professional about it?

((())) hope it eases soon.

Toni x

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 385

Not so far frogmorton. This stretch is like yawning and stretching, it feels good. In fact I was logging it as a factor in my health app without realising, and found it says I was less sleepy during the daytime (Less micro sleeps). So far so good. When it comes to bringing on pain though, in the early days I tried furious dancing to see if it would loosen me up, but I soon found out furious dancing didn't seem to be a good idea for pain.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 15. Jul 2022, 04:59

Gentle dancing maybe?!

Seriously I was a clicker (of fingers and the like) in my youth and I remember during my first ever flare wondering if a click would help so I tried my big toe? NEVER again it was excruciating! You live and learn don't you?

Take care

Toni x

• Baloo

That toe click was amusing frogmorton. I'm still improving and it seems to be from the yawning and stretching, except I've stopped to do any other nursing I can think of as well (resting, quit from coffee, sleep meditation). Last week my flare up stopped, and I was able to stop taking painkillers, and carry on with normal activity. Im waiting to see how long it lasts.

• Baloo

I managed 9 days without painkillers, then I had to resume taking them because the aches come and go.

• Baloo

I am developing a stretch which I call The Green Hulk. I tried it a few days but its hard to say what happens for sure. The ache in my shoulders has gone, so I went out on my mountain bicycle for the first time in years. There was still some stiffness in my knees which soon eased off, but my fingers won't straighten no matter what I have tried, but it was otherwise enjoyable.