Osteoarthritis pain in both feet

Hi

Can anyone please offer advice about managing osteoarthritis pain in both feet.

I am newly diagnosed and it is making me so miserable especially as I care for my elderly disabled parents and work part time as a support worker.

I am really grateful for any advice or tips to get through the day!

Thank you

Jacquie

Comments

• Hi,

I have Osteoarthritis in both my ankles and front foot. If i could give any advice i would say is if normal over the counter meds are not working try contacting your GP and they can give you a stronger NSAID. I have bone spurs with my OA and unfortunately the medication i was given (tried multiple) never did anything as is bone rather than inflammation of the foot. Yes they swell up and is good for that but really pain wise i have noticed their isn't really much medication out there for managing. I do however swear on ice baths! Before i had to give up work i was a senior carer working 13hr shifts 5 days a week and ice baths for your feet work an absolute treat! I now have to have what i call "knock out drugs" that make you high as a kite to take away the pain. Also prioritise resting as much as you can when you can and elevate your feet.

Hope this helps or clarify anything!

Who's Online

PeterJ
PeterJ
+3 Guests