Motherhood & Living with Arthritis

Options
Mima
Mima Member Posts: 1
edited 2. Aug 2022, 09:21 in Living with arthritis

Hello, 

My name is Jemima and this is my first post  I have had Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis since I was 8 years old; and now at 44 I have an amazing 23-year-old daughter and a determined & loving 10-year-old son. 

All in all motherhood has been a struggle and especially other parents & social workers miss conception of my disease and its validity has been disturbing at times. I’d be really interested to hear other people’s experiences, it has been a very lonely journey. 

The reason I was prompted to post today was a masters student at Aberdeen University asked if I would participate in a study about physical disability and parenthood. This is something that I feel is deeply under funded and misunderstood, a subject very close to my heart  

In the meantime personally I can’t wait to get to know other parents, those new to it or old hands at the job, lots of love x

PS I am taking part in this research but I am in no way associated with it, I’m really here looking to make friends that understand the challenge of living this disease.

Comments