Liz84 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Anyone else had these?

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 2. Aug 2022, 10:32
    Options

Hello @Liz84 It's nice to meet you and welcome you to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I understand from your post you are perhaps considering a steroid injection in your knee.

This is not an uncommon procedure and many of our members have had them. Hopefully they will see you and pop in to share their own experience.

In the meantime I am going to post this thread from this morning by @SueA who is in a similar position, but in her hip:

This is a link to some information about Steroid injections:

Now that you've introduced yourself do take a look around at the other categories Living with Arthritis tends to be the most popular.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Hi @Liz84

Are you booked in for some?

the main thing from your point of view is to rest as much as possible afterwards. No hoovering or anything like that on the sofa with cuppas being brought to you😉

Seriously for some people they can give total pain relief for months so definitely worth a try.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Toni x

• stacey1977
    stacey1977 Member Posts: 36
    Options

Hi

I had the steroid injection and to be honest it worked for the right knee and not the left knee which lead me to having an operation for the pain on the left

When you have the injection it does work really well it does take the pain away but you are still restricted to what you can do because remember it eases the pain it does not fix it