Questions to Ask Knee Dr - 80 yr old has severe osteoarthritis in left knee
I am helping family member. Hope we can all help each other
80-yr old with severe osteoarthritis in left knee cannot get total knee replacement till he gets TAVR to fix severe aortic stenosis.
Current Knee Dr ordered Orthovisc 4 injections, one week apart.
Patient read lot of user reviews on Internet. Lot of them were about how
- It didn't work
- Made the situation worse
- Wished they had total knee replacement at the start
Of course, Patient needs to fix heart before he does any type of surgery.
Below are questions he wants to ask Doctor. What other questions should Patient ask Doctor?
- Since osteoarthritis in left knee is so severe, what are the chances that the injection will be successful?
- Why not have a single injection, such as Synvisc-One?
- Will you, the Doctor personally perform the injection into the joint? How will you guide the needle, will you use ultrasound?
- Will you be easily accessible for those weeks after the shot, in case of adverse reaction?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe