Been put on Amoxicillin, so can't take methotrexate at moment

Pippasquirt1
Pippasquirt1 Member Posts: 6
edited 15. Aug 2022, 14:36 in Chat to our Helpline Team

After i had my 6th week of 15 mg of methotrexate tablets, I got quite a few water blisters on both soles of my feet, a slight cough, mouth sores, back of neck hurt when looking up, jaw hinge hurts when opening mouth, a few lymph nodes came up on the right side of my clavicle bone. neck hurts when looking in the opposite direction,

I had an appointment with my rheumatologist nurse and showed her, she said i had to see my gp as she did not know what was happening.

My gp thinks i have a skin infection where the nodes are up, they are painful when i am lying down, or if my jacket brushes them.

He gave me Amoxicillin 500mg tablets and said they should work in a few days, if not i need to go back to gp. I started them on Tuesday but only got 5 days worth of Amoxicillin, the nodes are still swollen and my right knee is starting to swell up again and i only missed one week of methotrexate because of the symptoms above.

Tomorrow i should take methotrexate again but can't yet, also my other knee seems to be getting effected by RA now.

Comments

• Hi@Pippasquirt1

Thanks for your post to the Helpline. I'm sorry to hear there's so much going on for you at the moment. If you feel that your skin still isn't right, do make sure to speak to the doctor. This is the kind of time to ask one of the GPs to ring you back so that you have some support over what to do. Once that's happened I'm afraid you will need to have a chat with the rheumatology nurse, so that they can advise over your methotrexate.

Methotrexate | Side-effects, uses, time to work (versusarthritis.org)

I do hope you get their support over this.

All the best

Guy - Helpline team