Hi help me lost

Options
Kezawinkle
Kezawinkle Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I'm recently diagnosed with RA after saying to docs and surgeons for the last 3 yrs I don't feel right, I wasn't healing from a recent surgery either. Instead of being listened to I was told I'm being dramatic, or I'm not as young as I used to be, so that must be the reason. I've also been in a bad flare for about 8 months where its left me bed ridden. I'm already an above knee amputee so have the odd obstacles but it's nothing I can't deal with. The flare up however meant my daughter had to stay with her dad for a few months as I was unable to take care of her. I've needed help to shower, wash and brush my hair and teeth as my hands were effected the most. The fatigue though is on another level completely. I can sleep 20 hrs a day and still wake up exhausted. I just don't understand what is happening to me. Every morning I wake up it takes over an hour to even get out of bed because my whole body feels broken, like I've been beaten with a baseball bat in the night. I'm basically on this page looking for helpful tips and tricks to lead a normal life again. Sorry about the essay this is the 1st time I've been able to speak freely and feel like someone understands

Comments