Mood changes

Gilwith
Gilwith Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I seem to have become a grumpy agitated person since starting on methotrexate. Is there a way of reversing this side effect or can the effect lessen if the dose is lowered. I am not enjoying being this person and would really appreciate some advice or suggestions

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 739

Hello @Gilwith welcome to the online community

We are a friendly peer support group who help anyone affected by living with arthritis and we are so glad you found us. You mention that you are affected by mood changes especially feeling grumpy and agitated since taking methotrexate. I attach a link which explains a number of questions about taking MTX. I also can appreciate that just being in pain can cause irritability and frustration with ourselves and against the disease so with that in mind I attach a link to a members thread about grumpiness.

I hope you find that the mood changes adjust as your body adjusts to the MTX but if not keep searching for tips on the community site for ways to cope and / or seek advice from your Rheumatology department for advice. Do let us know how you get on.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.