bruising - JIA
my son has JIA and he has now been on actemra - tocilizumab for 2 months.
he has monthly iv infusions.
its been 3 weeks since his last infusion and over the last 3 days i have noticed little bruises appearing on his knee (this is where the arthritis is and he has not walked for 11 months).
he had a blood test last week and his crp is 4 and esr is 22. it has been MUCH higher than this over the last several months.
does anyone know if this is normal with the drugs? or maybe where the swelling has gone down? he has never ever had bruising before.
ofcourse i am going to bring it up to his rheumy on monday but its the weekend and no one is available.
as you can imagine i am terrified that it could be something much worse.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe