Refused Spring 2023 Covid booster/anyone had a text from NHS England?
Been refused a Spring 2023 Covid vaccination as the pharmacist says I am not on a high enough dose of methotrexate and they say that all eligible patients for the Spring 2023 booster should have received an email, text and/or letter from NHS England stating their eligibility. Without sight of this communication they will not vaccinate. I had a text from my GP urging me to book, so I booked online with a pharmacy as the GP practice could only offer me a date I could not make, but the pharmacist would not accept this. I've been called for, and had, all six other Covid vaccinations including the third primary dose without any problem, either from my GP or a walk-in centre.
I’m on 7.5mg of MTX and they say you need to be on 20mg or more to qualify.
1. Anyone out there on less than 20mg who HAS had this magic email/text/letter from NHS England confirming their eligibility for Spring 2023 booster?
2. Anyone out there on 20mg or more of MTX who has NOT had this communication?
I don’t believe the system is foolproof so would be keen to hear if anyone has had a similar experience and whether you got the vaccination in the end.
I can’t find any reference anywhere to NHS England saying they will send a text etc to eligible patients. I've referred to the Green Book https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1141541/Greenbook-chapter-14a-9March2023.pdf and the wording on p.24 and p.30 seems clear to me that all long-term immunosuppressed patients are eligible for the Spring 2023 booster, but the pharmacist disagrees and is using the criteria in another section because he says criteria for eligibility for Spring 2023 is unclear. You would have thought they wanted to help protect vulnerable people, not put barriers in the way!
I did put a comment to an existing post in the Covid section but had no replies and I think this general section is more visible.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe