Humira Injection Question

Options

Hello Everyone: This is such a strong community! Thanks for that!

I did my fors Humira injection today. I'm sure this has been asked a million times before. I felt the needle go in, counted 15 seconds (over achiever here) and when I pulled the pen away there was a small amount of liquid left over. When I did it on training day the same thing happened, but there was a greater amount. The nurse said she doubted any got into my system. & gave me a replacement pen.

So! Did I get enough?

Tagged:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    edited 9. May 2023, 08:55
    Options

Hello @JLight

In your shoes I would also be a little anxious and yes this has come up before, but for the life of me I can't find a thread using the search button🙄

It sounds a bit subjective. I mean how much less was there that when the nurse had a similar issue? Tricky for you to judge.

I think I would brave a quick call to the rheumatology helpline if I was you just to put your mind at rest.

Please do let us know what they say so next person with the same query can find out what to do. Your tag humira mishap should help locate this thread at least😊

best of luck ((()))

Toni x

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 714
    Options

Hi @JLight

I agree with @frogmorton that you should contact your rheumatology clinic. When I started the adalimumab biosimilar Amgevita I was told to contact the clinic if I had any issues with the self injection. Luckily for me there hasn't been an issue to date. The Amgevita injection pens have a loud click at the start and end of the injection cycle as well as a bright yellow plastic tube that fills the window area as the fluid is being injected - so there's two indicators of a successful injection.