Hello - new here

This discussion was created from comments split from: Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

Comments

• cazpower
    cazpower Member Posts: 1

Hi I just joined. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my hips and pre menopause. I was a cleaner but had to give it up because it was leaving me in too much pain. I'm struggling with money and my mental health and feel the doctors just don't get it. I dont feel like me anymore. It's started to effect my relationship too. Can anyone give me advice

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 983

Hello @cazpower and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

First of all let me apologise for moving your first post but I wanted to make it an individual post to make sure it didn't get overlooked by others.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your hips and in pain and have had to give up work. I've put a couple of links in below which might be of help and we also have a Helpline manned by staff available Mon to Fri 9am to 6pm if you would like to talk to someone. https://www.versusarthritis.org/get-help/

Have a look through the following though,

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experiences as well.

With very best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 385

Mood is so important, and being able to repurpose our activities. I have my bicycle languishing in the garage, I would love to get back on it, but I have learnt to obtain some better shoes and repurpose my exercise towards walking and climbing stairs instead. It is likely with a regular wellbeing check, one's mood will lift. It's only those times the arthritis feels worse that can get us down.

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 243

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 385

@cazpower I wonder if by not feeling yourself you just mean a bit depressed and floppy. The two things go together but don't have to. A bit of gentle stretching or physio could restore some strength and you will feel a bit better as a result after a few days. I'm definitely going to try it.