Hello

Options
ToniG
ToniG Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Feeling a bit phased by recent diagnosis and going on methotrexate but consultant seems fed up with me and thinks I’m overreacting.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Hi @ToniG and welcome to the online community,

It's understandable that you're feeling a bit phased about your recent diagnosis and going on methotrexate - it's a lot to take in all at once, and it's a shame you feel that your consultant thinks you're overreacting. It's quite natural to want to ask questions and find out more about your condition and your treatment, so you've made a good move by joining the community. All our members have experience of living with arthritis and are keen to share their experiences and support one another. Here's a recent thread about methotrexate that you might find interesting to read - you could join in the conversation if you like:

If you want to know more about the drug, this link is a good place to start:

Do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna (Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

Morning @ToniG

Sometimes I think consultants can be a bit impatient with everyone. Some don't have the tolerance to spend time reassuring us about medications and any side effects. It won't necessarily be you personally.

Loads of us here take MTX you are absolutely not alone.

We do have the time and patience to share our experience and listen to your worries. Just shout.

take care

Toni x