Methotrexate Side Effects
I (28f) was initially on Methotrexate oral from January to April as I was getting real bad sickness after the first three months. I've now been on the injection version from May but I got the same sickness and brain fog (and headaches) after my most recent dose. They did up my dose from 15ml to 20ml but it hasn't been long.
I'm not sure if it's the added dose OR just the symptoms take a few months to kick in. I find it's working a little (not all the time hence they added the dose) so I don't want to come off it but the sickness is too much to do anything.
I take folic acid every day apart from the day of my injections, any advice to ease the sickness?
FYI I have inflammatory arthritis in my finger joints although this may be spreading to wrist/elbows
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe