Knee brace

Options

Does anyone ware a knee support? I play bowls and can't bend my knee anymore so looking for a good knee support

Tagged:

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Morning

'i tried various knee supports from various pharmacies but find the old style "tuba grip" the best for me.

Breathable and washable and more flexible.

Hope this helps

Take care

@Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Gabby
    Gabby Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi I have just bought myself a bamboo knee support from Amazon. It has really helped when I have been exercising and going up and down steps ! Read some good reviews about them as well.

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 399
    Options

Hello @Brads27,

Not all knee braces are equal so my advice would be to visit a pharmacy with a consultation room so you can try a few on for size and comfort. They vary from fairly basic elasticated ones to far sturdier models with velcro straps and hinges either side of the knee and full leg-length jobbies which are like something out of The Transformers movies. You may find applying a few gels will help with stiffness and flexibility too, I use FlexiSeq gel, Capsaicin cream and high strength Voltorol gel and the knee supports prevent trousers from getting gunky. If you're playing Bowls I imagine yours will be white so that's a consideration too I'm guessing.

• Mistyblue
    Mistyblue Member Posts: 8
    Options

I wear a velcro type one from my local pharmacy it really helps to support my knee when walking, really struggle without it.

• geoffh
    geoffh Member Posts: 6
    Options

has anybody tried the bamboo knee support i was wondering if they are any better than the tube grip ones and the extra cost

• Alansrac
    Alansrac Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi I wear knee supports frequently and find these are very good as leave good movement and are comfortable

• bdavies3055
    Options

I was seeing lots of bamboo knee support socks on Facebook and instagram but so expensive. I bought a similar looking pair for less than half the cost for one. They are cotton rather than bamboo and I do feel they give my knees more stability than without. I would suggest maybe trying these first before you go for those expensive bamboo ones.