New in here - double hip replacement
After many years (over 20) of visiting my GP with hip problems, mainly no flexibility and aches, I saw a physiotherapist in January who could not believe I had never had an x-Ray. I was always told it was definitely not arthritis.
I had an X-ray in February and I do have arthritis in both hips and pelvis.
I had a phone call last week to offer me an appointment at our local hospital the following day.
I require to have both hips replaced, potentially at the same time, as my pelvis is tilted meaning if they did one it could pop out!!!! All this will be passed in to the consultant. The wait is about a year.
I feel sick at having one done but having two done at the same time sounds terrifying :(
Has anyone had this done that can give me some feedback.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe