Metoject pen and travel

Options
MichelleW
MichelleW Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello

I’ve just switched from methotrexate tablets to metoject pen!

can I switch back to tablets when travelling, thus saving carrying the pens on a flight etc and all that it entails? - or is this a bad idea

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

I don't think anyone has ever suggested this @MichelleW in the time I've been moderating. I would imagine it's something to discuss with your Rheumatology team. What i will say though is travelling with needles is not as uncommon as you think. Lots of people also have conditions like diabetes so airlines are well used to it.

See this thread:

Best of luck and carry on enjoying your holidays.

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    edited 24. Oct 2023, 10:05
    Options

Hi @MichelleW nice to meet you😊

I think I posted on that thread Ellen has linked in for you. Travelling with medication like this is easier than you think.

My gut feeling is that you've switched to the pen for a reason and that might be nausea? You don't want to feel sick on your holiday.

Best of luck

Toni x

• Johanna830
    Options

Hi, I took my pens to Mexico a few years ago and just packed them in my hand luggage but I had a bit of a skin reaction on my thigh. I told my consultant about it as I do go on a few holidays and he said if it’s a week or two just go without if I wanted, so I did, didn’t have any problems, but obviously check with your consultant

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @Johanna830

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

Good to see that you’re already engaging in a current dialogue.

You may well be aware of our website which offers extensive advice and information about arthritis but just in case you’re not here’s a link:

I hope find having joined the forum beneficial.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm