Sleeping after hip replacement
Hi I am trying to gather as much information as I can in case (as seems likely at some point in the not very distant future) I have to have a hip replacement. It is something I have been trying to avoid for some years as I have a real dread of surgery and hospitals.
I live on my own and the stairs in my house are steep and I know I would not feel safe going up and down stairs on my own. There is a downstairs toilet/bathroom so I could, in theory, stay downstairs. However, the house is small and there is really no room to put a bed so I was wondering if it is possible to sleep either in an armchair or a recliner chair after a hip replacement.
Alternatively, an armchair that converts to a bed would be a possibility but I can't find one online. Has anyone heard of/seen or bought a chair that converts to a bed?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe