Hello a newbie

Options
Bluebiedoo
Bluebiedoo Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I'm new to this journey, and currently a bit lost . I had developed a painful knee 3 months ago , but then got the flipping COVID , and now have pain , not only on 8 more joints , but also abdo pain, and pain in the whole of my legs and arms.

So far the GP has been been a bit rubbish, the physio, I have through work , have advised me to ask my GP for a MRI scan and a rheumatologist referral, is this worth asking the GP for ?

Thanks Tina

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    edited 31. Oct 2023, 16:57
    Options

Hello @TinaStraker welcome to the online community.

I understand from your post that you feel as though you have developed Arthritis after you got COVID. We are not medically qualified, but this is not the first time someone has discussed this.

The thread below by @Emmasknackeredjoints for instance.

We often recommend here that people take someone with them when they see their GP for support asking for something. Don't forget your workplace physiotherapist has suggested these next steps too so it will be a reasonable request.

You may not get many replies to this post it being in the Say Hello category. If you don't I suggest you repost it in the Living with Arthritis category.

Just adding this in case it helps in any way

My best wishes

Ellen.

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

Hi there,

i clearly can not diagnose you with any condition, but I developed joint pain and swelling after having covid. I’m struggling with getting care but my diagnosis is reactive arthritis.

you may want to speak with your Gp about differentiations including reactive arthritis.

Most gps do not arrange mri scans, but a basic rheumatology set of bloods and chat about this is a start.

i had to pay private for most of my work up, so perhaps if you can afford it, go private to gain an opinion?

good luck

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis recently diagnosed shortly after Covid also had stomach issues before diagnosed have you had a blood test?

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

Yes but all normal so seronegative.