Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS)
Does anyone have any experience of having a SCS procedure, how painful that procedure was in itself, and the recovery time. Also, how it feels to have the implant in - how close to spine is it, can you feel a bump where it is, does it hurt if you press on the stimulator?
Also, how effective you find it - how much does it help compared to tens machine (which don't really help me)? I don't have any sciatic pain, just constant mainly very central low back pain in a specific place just above or over my previous L5/S1 fusion so much so I can't sit upright for more than a few minutes due to the pain (or stand, walk).
Thx if you can help my knowledge in this area as it's been mentioned as a potential future option by the pain clinic.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 671 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe