HELP! Am I going Mad???

Options

Hi All,

I have just spent three hours online trying to find some support and apart from waiting years for help or paying a small fortune there is nothing.

I have PsA diagnosed in December still at beginning of MTX but I am so bloody miserable, I have no reason to be I have a good life, a man to love and who loves me and as it goes I should be happy but I am not.

I suffer depression and I can usually pick myself up or give my head a wobble but the last two weeks have felt like I am under his dark cloud that is swallowing me

Is this me, the MTX, The PSA or am I being a bitch? I have no idea is this normal?

Tagged:

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Hello @sandeelilly have a look through the following, hopefully it might be of use.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,513
    edited 24. Jan 2024, 16:19
    Options

Hi @sandeelilly

Thank you for posting on the Online Community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing feelings of depression and struggling to find support. I understand that you have recently been diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis and you are now on Methotrexate. When anyone is diagnosed with a type of arthritis it is likely to stir up a lot of emotions. Understandably you have worries about the future and how this condition will impact your daily life and activities. It can feel overwhelming when you are given a new diagnosis. Peter has given a helpful link.

There is a lot you can do to help manage your condition and maximise your quality of life. It may help to talk things through further with your GP and rheumatology team. The rheumatology nurse helpline is usually available between clinic appointments. Low mood and depression are not listed side effects of Methotrexate. Talking therapies, CBT and Mindfulness can sometimes help. The right kind of exercise, a healthy balanced diet and keeping a healthy weight may also help to make a difference to how you feel.

If you would like to talk things through informally and in confidence about your arthritis and how you are feeling, you are welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 weekdays 9am - 6pm.

If you would like to have more replies to your post, you are welcome to repost on our Living with Arthritis forum, if you have not posted on this already. This is a positive and supportive space where you can ask questions and share experiences with others facing similar challenges.

I hope you will find the information given below of some help.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

Best wishes,

Fiona, Helpline Advisor