Footware

Options

Hi. I have osteoarthritis in my feet (as well as in one knee and TKR in the other). I'd like recommendations on best footwear to help with the significant pain please. I wear Skechers but my podiatrist doesn't really rate them. There are so many articles on the internet, I'd like to hear some specific examples or brands people have bought that have helped. Thanks 😊

Tagged:

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @Hjn welcome to the online community

Care of our feet and supportive footwear is an important factor to get right when we are living with arthritis. Our mobility or lack of it impacts on our whole wellbeing so we are grateful to you for your question and the chance to revisit this discussion thread among our members.

I attach some links about OA of the feet which I hope you will find helpful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/exercising-with-arthritis/exercises-for-healthy-joints/exercises-for-the-toes-feet-and-ankles/

Please be aware of our community guidelines about advertising, we do not allow links to product websites.

If you click on the magnifying glass symbol top right and write shoes into the search bar you will find some useful posts from members. Let us know how you get on in your quest for the most supportive pair of shoes.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Peebs
    Peebs Member Posts: 19
    Options

I have mid foot OA and wear Alegria shoes/boots. They have a thick rocker sole. Have worn these for years as I’m on my feet all day at work. They are stocked by Cheerfull Soles, Legend footwear (more limited selection but often cheaper) and there’s an Alegria Uk site. Saw podiatrist last week and was wearing them and he thought they were excellent but hadn’t heard of them.