Camping with Scouts

Options

Hi, I was diagnosed with RA 18 months ago. As with so many others of you I am working hard to get the medication right and still live what I would think of as a "normal" life.

My medication is almost right (methotrexate and Hydrochloroquine) but it doesn't take much to knock it off course.

One of the things I have been involved in for 18 years is volunteering with Scouts. For the last two years I have not done much face to face with the young people as I found it too difficult/tiring/painful. However I have signed up to be a leader on a two week European trip and I am looking for support and suggestions as to how to manage without ending up crippled with pain. We will be camping and travelling on trains with activities and city visits. I would be looking forward to it a lot more if I wasn't a little apprehensive.

Ideas?

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Well good for you @Scrimcat and I hope it goes well.

I would suggest ensuring you are able to stop and start when you need as too much to often does not work for me little and often and rest in between does. Mind says yes but body does not 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Good luck and get support when struggling and hopefully the scouts will keep you going and motivated 👏👍

Best wishes @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm