Psoriatic Arthritis

Options

Hi all! I am new to this, it's been a long year but I finally have a diagnosis. Answers are good! I am just trying to navigate life now with this in mind and am a bit lost to be honest. I've gone from a working single mum who lifted weights 3 times a week to someone who can't hold a coffee cup without pain and my children help me complete daily tasks. Any advice would be amazing x

Tagged:

Comments

• PJoanne
    PJoanne Moderator Posts: 45
    Options

Hello @Mindful

Have you had a chance to look at any of the info here ? :

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis/

All the best

@PJoanne

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 712
    Options

Hi @Mindful

I saw your other post. I also have PsA and for the first 4 months after diagnosis I was on prednisolone. Like you it was on a reducing scale but it had to be increased a number of times so it looked like a saw tooth graph over the 4 months. I realise we are all different and what works for one may not work for someone else. I'm now on a cocktail of drugs - sulfasalazine, methotrexate and the biologic adalimumab.

I'd advise that you need to be assertive in your dealings with medics. I'd just assumed that after diagnosis all the medical services would kick in seemlessly and GPs/rheumatology/physio etc would all work together - and quickly. That didn't happen and looking back I now wouldn't be so accepting if I relapsed now.

I hope you get stabilised soon.

• Mindful
    Mindful Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thank you @jamieA I agree, being assertive is so so important. Its been a few weeks since I posted, so I am now 3 weeks into Methotrexate and still on 5 pred tablets reducing slowly. I feel much more mobile and have some lingering pain in my wrists but yes, staying hopeful and self advocating is key! @PJoanne thank you I'll have a look! X sorry I'm new and still navigating th9s site, I've only just figured out how to find my post to see if anyone replied! Hahaha